Starting May 20, American Airlines (AA) will roll out more updates to the AAdvantage® program including:
- Changes to how upgrade requests are prioritized
- A new ConciergeKeySM and Executive Platinum member benefit: upgrades on award tickets
On May 20 AA will start changing upgrade prioritization, but the process could take a few days to complete in the systems. Upgrade requests will be prioritized by elite status level, then:
1. Type of upgrade
2. 12-month Rolling EQDs
3. Booking code
4. Date and time of request
Type of upgrade
Before you get to the airport, requests for system-wide and mileage award upgrades are processed independently from 500-mile upgrade requests.
At the airport, upgrades requested will be prioritized in this order:
1. System-wide and mileage award upgrades
2. 500-mile upgrades on purchased tickets
3. 500-mile upgrades on award tickets
12-month Rolling EQDs
Your 12-month Rolling EQD value is different from your Year-to-Date (YTD) EQDs, which is used to track your progress toward elite status.
Rolling EQDs will initially be based on 3 things:
1. EQDs that would’ve been earned for eligible travel August 1 - December 31, 2016
2. EQDs actually earned January 1, 2017 - now (less than 12 months)
3. EQDs earned from reaching qualifying spend thresholds on eligible AAdvantage® AviatorTM MasterCard® cards
Over time, this will build to a full 12 months and be updated daily.
In the event that two members have the same Rolling EQD balance, AA will then look at booking code and request date/time stamp.
Booking code priority:
- From Business to First (for systemwide and mileage award upgrades only): J, R, D, I, C
- From Main Cabin to the next class: W, P, Y, H, K, M, L, V, G, S, N, Q, O, T
This resource is from www.aa.com